Twitter is a Social Network. Try to use some non-marketing tweets in between to get a discussion going….
Some “new” Tweet Suggestions:
– Don’t waste your time trying to get into my head. There’s nothing there. –William Shatner as Denny Crane
– Those who do not like you fall into one of two catergories: the stupid and the envious. –James Spader as Alan Shore
– It’s fun being me. Isn’t it fun being you? –William Shatner as Denny Crane
– I’m a man of principles… or not.. depends really on the situation. –James Spader as Alan Shore
– Do you know what White House correspondents call actors who pose as reporters? Anchors. -Jay Leno
– I went into a McDonald’s and said, I’d like some fries. The girl at the counter said, Would you like some fries with that? -Jay Leno
– If God had wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. -Jay Leno
-he New England Journal of Medicine reports that 9 out of 10 doctors agree that 1 out of 10 doctors is an idiot. -Jay Leno
– Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. -Sarah Jessica Parker
– Men cheat for the same reason that dogs lick their balls… because they can. -Kim Cattrall
– Can you really forgive if you can’t forget? -Sarah Jessica Parker
– Who cares what you are just enjoy it! – Kim Cattrall
FOUR PART TWEET
– I thought a thought that I thought I had thought……
– but the thought that I had thought wasnt the thought that I had thought I had thought…
– …so maybe if I had thought the thought that I thought I thought I wouldn’t of thought so much.
– My head hurts.
Here are some older Tweet suggestions:
– It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
– The greatest dreams are always unrealistic.
– You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures.
– Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in pursuit of the goal.
– The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can’t be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.
– We’re still not where we’re going, but we’re not where we were.
– Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.
– The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible – and achieve it, generation after generation.
– As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death.
– If you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it every time.
– Vision without action is a daydream. Action with without vision is a nightmare.
– When the horse is dead, get off.
– If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.
– Great ideas need landing gear as well as wings.
– Life’s problems wouldn’t be called hurdles if there wasn’t a way to get over them.
– The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.
– The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
– When the world says, Give up, Hope whispers, Try it one more time.
– When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
– Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.
– The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.
– Fall seven times, stand up eight.
– Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
– If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.
– He conquers who endures.
– Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits.
– You can’t go through life quitting everything. If you’re going to achieve anything, you’ve got to stick with something.
– I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. ~John Locke
– Well done is better than well said.
– Between saying and doing many a pair of shoes is worn out.
– After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done.
– The shortest answer is doing.
– Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.
– Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.
– A promise is a cloud; fulfillment is rain.
– An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.
– Inspirations never go in for long engagements; they demand immediate marriage to action.
– Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.
– You must be the change you wish to see in the world. ~Mahatma Ghandi
– Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James
– A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle
– Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. ~Mother Teresa
– Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it. ~Albert Einstein
– The reason you may never reach your goals is because you don’t seriously consider them as believable or achievable.
– Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.
– Our goals can only be reached with a plan, a fervent belief and vigorous action. There is no other route to success.
– When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, then we truly live life.
– You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures.
– Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
– If you don’t know what harbor you’re sailing to, then no wind is the right wind.
– Choosing a goal and sticking to it changes everything.
– Goals determine what you’re going to be.
– Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.
– Progress has little to do with speed, but much to do with direction.
– It takes a person with a mission to succeed.
– Set your goals high, and don’t stop until you get there.
– Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.
– Your dreams are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life.
FOR A SMILE
– Every time I open my mouth, some idiot starts talking.
– I plan to live forever. So far, so good!
– Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.
– Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.
– On the journey of life, I choose the psycho path.
– On your mark, get set, go away!
– The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on the list.
– My drinking team has a bowling problem.
– Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.
– I had the right to remain silent, but I didn’t have the ability.
– To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
– Liberal Arts major: will think for food.
– Stoplights timed for 30 mph are also timed for 60 mph.
– I didn’t climb all the way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
– Don’t treat me any differently than you would the Queen.
– What we need is a patch for stupidity!
– Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up!
– I fought the lawn, and the lawn won.
– If you can’t read this, thank the teacher’s union.
– I have a degree in Liberal Arts – do you want fries with that?
– Suburbia: Where they tear out the trees and name streets after them.
– If you were born again, would you have two bellybuttons?
– A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.
– Who are these children, and why do they keep calling me Mom?
– The trouble with life is there’s no background music.
– Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research.
– Therapy is expensive. Popping bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.
– If you are what you eat, I’m fast, cheap and easy.
– Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
– Warning: Dates on calendar are closer than they appear.
– Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.
– Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you weren’t asleep.
– There’s no place like 127.0.0.1
– I’m supposed to back up my hard drive, but how do I put it into reverse?
– Chaos, panic, and disorder – my work here is done.
– Is it time for your medication or mine?
– If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.
– To err is human, to forgive divine. Neither is government policy.
– God made us sisters; Prozac made us friends.
JUST THE FACTS
– The odds are 1 in 582 that you will be injured in a traffic accident due to driver distraction. – The Week Magazine
– Niger (Africa) has the world’s highest fertility rate – 7.1 children per mother. – Newsweek, 10/19/09
– By 2040, 40% of Japan’s population will be senior citizens. – Newsweek
– On average (in July 2009), there are six job seekers for each job opening in the United States. – Fortune
– Americans; odds are 1 in 40 that you’re currently in the U.S. criminal justice system (incarcerated, parole, or probation)
– Unmarried women now account for 40% of births. – Newsweek
– 47% of all U.S. households will owe no federal income tax in 2009. – The Week Magazine
– Prostitutes in Chicago, Illinois are more likely to have sex with a police officer than be arrested by one. – Newsweek
– 22,000 Americans die annually because they lack health insurance. – Newsweek
– The United States is the only developed nation where medical bankruptcies occur. – Newsweek
– You never get a second chance to make a good first impression. –Unknown
– An open mind opens doors. –Unknown
– Above all else, never think you’re not good enough. –Anthony Trollope
– Do what you will, always. –Dave Matthews Band
– Think happy thoughts and you can fly. –Peter Pan
– Yes, you can be a dreamer and a doer too, if you will remove one word from your vocabulary: impossible. –Unknown
– I will not follow where the path may lead, but I will go where there is no path, and I will leave a trail. –Muriel Strade
– Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. –Robert F. Kennedy
– I would rather make my name than inherit it. –W.M. Thackeray
– I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know who his grandson will be. –Abraham Lincoln
– Do not miss the purpose of this life, and do not wait for circumstance to mold or change your fate. –Ella Wheeler Wilcox
– Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn. –Unknown
– Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. –Henry David Thoreau
– A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do! –Walter Bagehot
– You can sit around and wait for the good things to happen to you, or you can go out and make them happen. –Unknown
– It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. –Taylor Benson
– He moves like a parody between a majorette girl and Fred Astaire. -Truman Capote on Mick Jagger
– Most of the time he sounds like he has a mouth full of toilet paper. -Rex Reed talking about Marlon Brando
– Spielberg isn’t a filmmaker, he’s a confectioner. -Alex Cox on Steven Spielberg
– It’s like kissing Hitler. -Tony Curtis talking about Marilyn Monroe
– I believe that Ronald Reagan can make this country what it once was – an Arctic region covered with ice. -Steve Martin
– Is he just doing a bad Elvis pout, or was he born that way? -Freddie Mercury on Billy Idol
– I knew right away that Rock Hudson was gay when he did not fall in love with me. -Gina Lollogrigida on Rock Hudson
– If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough. -Mario Andretti.
– Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Schula.
– Nobody has ever bet enough on a winning horse. -Richard Sasuly.
– Show me a man who is a good loser and I’ll show you a man who is playing golf with his boss. -Jim Murray.
– Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it’s much more serious than that. -Bill Shankly. .
– Sure, there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious. -Alan Winter.
– Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up. -Muhammad Ali.
– It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf. -Henry Aaron. .
– Moving from Wales to Italy is like moving to a different country. -Ian Rush.
– If at first you don’t succeed… So much for skydiving. -Henry Youngman.
– If you’re playing a poker game and you look around the table and and can’t tell who the sucker is, it’s you. -Paul Newman.
– In Russia, if a male athelete loses he becomes a female athelete. -Yakov Smirnoff.
– I’ve seen George Foreman shadow boxing and the shadow won. -Muhammad Ali.
– One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him. -Jeffrey Bernard.
– Ally MacLeod thinks that tactics are a new kind of mint. -Billy Connolly.
– Winning isn’t everything: It’s the only thing. -Vincent Lombardi.
– I call everyone ‘Darling’ because I can’t remember their names. -Zsa Zsa Gabor
– In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman. -Margaret Thatcher
– When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. -Elaine Boosler
– I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn’t itch. -Gilda Radner
– Behind every successful man is a surprised woman. -Marion Pearson
– I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa Gabor
– The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder. -Alfred Hitchcock.
– When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. -Peter O’Toole.
– This film cost $31 million. With that kind of money I could have invaded some country. -Clint Eastwood.
– I don’t want any yes-men around me. I want everyone to tell me the truth–even if it costs him his job. -Samuel Goldwyn.
– Who the [heck] wants to hear actors talk? -H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.
– In Hollywood, if you don’t have happiness you send out for it. -Rex Reed.
– Shoot a few scenes out of focus. I want to win the foreign film award. -Billy Wilder.